From:
Roxanne Felix <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 20:35:56 -0000
These types of requests also demonstrate how distinct evaluation
in health promotion is from evaluation in other fields.  In other
health fields, there *are* instruments, objective templates etc.
And, because Health Promotion covers such a broad array of activities,
and needs to be evaluated within the context of the community,
evaluation in HP is quite complex.  This diversity also probably
contributes to the lack of "advertising" w/r/t expertise in research
and evaluation.

Group's recommendations on Health Promotion Evaluation, hopefully
evaluators of HP projects focus on making the evaluative process one
that builds capacity ... and shares their knowledge and tools ...

Roxanne