From:
Molly Wee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 22:40:01 +0800
Hi all

I do agree that the sale of of mobile phones are increasing by the day.  At
one time, there were reports of possible  link of developing brain tumour
with  extended frequent use of the mobile phones.     But recently in my
local newspaper , it was reported that this fear was unfounded.

But my concern is not just down the road effect on  the use, but rather
the immediate accident hazard it is causing on the road.    Singapore
recently place a
heavy penalty on drivers if they are caught using the phone without the hand
free unit while driving.

I believed the state of New York  and just this week, Taiwan too have
implemented this ban on
their drivers.

MOLLY WEE
MPH Student