Sender:
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 11:44:10 +1100
7bit
From:
Sue Frendin <[log in to unmask]>
Hi there, Im wondering if anyone is aware of cooking sessions for people
with Diabetes that are based on a peer led model?? We ran a session last
week in response to identified needs from clients in a self management
project we are working on, and were amazed at the response, interest and
also the apparent need for this. Seemed the translation of food theory into
practice was not so easy in may peoples experiences, and there was a lack of
confidence in problem solving around food substitution etc.
Love to hear of what else is out there, as we are keen to apply for funds to
get something more comprehensive up and running here in Tasmania, Australia

Sue

Sue Frendin
Project Manager (Mon, Tue, Fri)

'Whose health is it anyway ?'
a Commonwealth Sharing Health Care Initiative

University Department of Rural Health, Tas
C/- 2-10 Windsor St, GLENORCHY
TASMANIA   7010  AUSTRALIA
Telephone: 03 6277 8804
Fax: 03 6277 8860