From:
Karly Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:54:48 -0500
Hello fellow clickers,

I am currently working on a project related to smoking cessation and women
of low socioeconomic status. I am interested in learning about any programs
(broadly speaking) or resources that have been developed (or are in
development) with this particular group in mind. Materials that have been
adapted for this group would also be welcome.

I would like to learn about programs or resources that use a women-centred
approach, focusing on empowerment and building on women’s experiences.
Ideally they would also aim to break down isolation and work to increase
skills to cope with the day-to-day stressors in these women’s lives.

The programs and resources do not need to focus on smoking cessation per
say, they may instead focus on helping women to examine the role of smoking
in their lives. Any programs that use a community development approach would
be of great interest. I am familiar with the work of ASH in Scotland and
would be interested in hearing from others aboard.

Thank you in advance,

Karly Holmes