[log in to unmask] (Prof.W.Young)

Just a brief comment on what has been going on. Some economic models seem
to come, go, and then return in new guises (e.g. the imperfect competition
core of the New Keynesian system), while other, despite being "flavor of
the month" (for five years or so) seem never to return to prominence (e.g.
disequilibrium macroeconomics of Malinvaud-Patinkin-Clower vintage). Laudan
and others have tries to explain the former case; I don't know of anyone
who has even dealt with the latter.

What I propose is a broader perspective than just looking at "Monetarism"
per se.

Why is it that in Physics, for example, co-existence of models (Newtonian,
Relativistic, Quantum) is accepted as natural by physicists, as they try to
describe, explain, and predict phenomenon which exist in parallel, albeit
different distance-mass-time frameworks (cgs etc), while in economics, this
is not the case?  Perhaps a socio-psychological (behavioral) dimension
should be added to the proposed analytical approach suggested by Brad and
Rob.

Warren Young