From:
Bruce Nugent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 15:53:11 -0400
Hi.  How do I unsubscribe?

Bruce Nugent
Communications Officer
Thunder Bay District Health Unit
Mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.tbdhu.com

-----Original Message-----
From:   Stirling, Alison [SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:   Tuesday, July 24, 2001 3:36 PM
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        Warning! Virus/Worm in message called Contract 2000- do NOT open attachment

Please do NOT open the attachment in the message called 'Contract 2000' with
the message saying 'Hi send you this for advice'  It is another virulent
computer worm called Sircam virus/worm.

Beware of the Sircam virus. It is spread in the usual way, by people opening
attachments in their e-mail that come from unknown sources.
The Globe and Mail  reports: "This worm, also called W32/SirCam@mm or
Backdoor.SirCam, arrives in an e-mail with a random subject line that has
the same name as a file that has been attached. The message body reads, 'Hi!
How are you?,' along with a short message 'I send you this file in order to
have your advice,' or 'I hope you can help me with this file that I send,"
or "I hope you like the file that I send you,' or 'This is the file with the
information that you ask for.' It then says 'See you later. Thanks.' In some
cases the message appears in Spanish, starting with 'Hola como estas?'"
Please obey the golden rule: don't open unexpected attachments. Ever.

If you've opened the attachment, please go to
<[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">http:[log in to unmask]>,
Your computer may be infected

Alison Stirling,
co-facilitator CLICK4HP