From:
NVHCC / Youth Aflame Ministries <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 09:20:42 -0400
Greetings Michelle.

The following are a few links for you to follow.

1. Canadian Mental Health Association
        Follow the links to a number of the branches, especially to the
Ontario division and you will find links to workplace mental health
promotion. You will also find info on Mental Illness Awareness Week
which is October 7-13 in Canada (Mental Health Week is in May - the
theme the last couple of years has been "Workplace Stress can throw you
off balance" for which you can probably still either download info or
get them to send you some info)

http://www.cmha.ca

http://www.ontario.cmha.ca

2. Follow the link to the Metro Toronto branch - they have a series of
mental health education kits that are used in the workplace. In fact,
work places pay them to come and present in order to help with employee
health, improve productivity, lessen sick days, etc.  Many of the
branches of CMHA run brown bag lunch series whereby they go into the
workplace and present a series of mental health topics. This is often
done in conjunction with an internal business health assessment.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/cmha.toronto

http://www.stresssense.com/

3. Check out the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill. We have been
using their Family-to-Family education series and it is quite good.
People who take the course have been going back to their families, place
of work, etc. and promoting the need for good mental health.

http://www.nami.org

---

There also health promotion items such as the tips to mental health
screensaver (free to download off of the CMHA main site), desk top
covers that deal with stress, mouse pads that deal with stress, etc.)

Hope this helps...

Peter Jones