CANCHID Archives

Canadian Network on Health in Development

CANCHID@YORKU.CA

From:
Sam Lanfranco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Canadian Network on Health in Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 14:52:13 -0500
FYI:

The satellite and Internet broadcast of the William T. Small, Jr. Keynote
Lecture from the 24th Annual Minority Health Conference will take place
this Friday (March 1, 2002) at 2:00pm Eastern Time (1:00pm Central,
12:00pm Mountain, 11:00am Pacific).

There are now over 140 registered sites and many registered web-cast
viewers for the broadcast (plus nearly 500 pre-registered participants for
the 24th Annual Minority Health Conference itself).

BROADCAST INFORMATION * Satellite and Internet broadcasts:
         www.minority.unc.edu/sph/minconf/2002/

* Dr. Sherman James and the Keynote Lecture:
         www.minority.unc.edu/sph/minconf/2002/keynote.htm

VIDEOTAPES Registered sites may make one copy of the Lecture for use
within their organization.  Rebroadcast requires written permission from
the Minority Health Project.  We have made arrangements to provide
individual videotape copies of the Lecture for $12, including shipping and
handling. Tapes may be ordered at and will be shipped in June:
www.minority.unc.edu/sph/minconf/2002/tapes/

EVALUATION We very much appreciate your signing the attendance form at
your satellite downlink site.  If you view the web cast, please give fill
out the on-line form.  We count on this information in order to seek
support for future broadcasts and also to improve our work.

LECTURE SLIDES Dr. James prefers that we not disseminate his lecture
slides, pending submission of his talk for publication.

Thank you for your interest in the 24th Annual Minority Health Conference
and for assisting us with the evaluation.

Raj Medapalli Vic Schoenbach Minority Health Project UNC School of Public
Health

We hope you can join us, and . . .

. . . stay tuned for the 2002 Summer Public Health

8th Annual Summer Public Health Research Institute and
Videoconference on Minority Health, June 17-21, 2002
  - over 140 downlink sites last year
www.minority.unc.edu/institute/2002/

For additional events at UNC and nationally, as well as
announcements and links to major reports, visit
www.minority.unc.edu/events/
www.minority.unc.edu/announce/
www.minority.unc.edu/reports/
Please send information for posting to [log in to unmask]

2002.02.27 L