Sender:
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 10:27:52 -0700
Hello All:

As Harvey Skinner recently noted, Irv Rootman will go on a well deserved
sabbatical leave for the 2001/2002 academic year and continue as a senior
professor in the Department of Public Health Sciences.

On behalf of the health promotion community in Canada, I would like to
congratulate and thank Irv for his ten years as Director of the Centre for
Health Promotion in Toronto. Irv is a mentor and and friend to many
colleagues across Canada. His centre is a preemminent leader in health
promotion and has made an enormous contribution.

My colleagues and I wish Irv well in his continuing efforts on behalf of
health promotion around the world. Jim
C. James Frankish, PhD
Acting Director & BC Health Research Scholar
Institute of Health Promotion Research
Assistant Professor, Division of Preventive Medicine & Health Promotion
Department of Health Care & Epidemiology
University of British Columbia
Room 308, Library Processing Building
2206 East Mall, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4
PH: 604 822-9205; FAX: 604-822-9210