Sender:
From:
Martin Spigelman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 07:18:51 -0700
Top of the morning Glen.  Thank you for your thoughtful, insightful and most helpful note.  I actually think you and I should talk some time or other (I notice you consult also) because our thinking is so similar.  I have been consulting for some 14 years now and invariably critical of Canadian social policy, and of governments pursuing harmful or poorly thought out policies (for example, killing the federal housing programs as you noted).  I did an interesting piece earlier this year assessing the adequacy of the funding available for the C'ain Strategy on HIV/AIDS.

Your comments about race/racism and gender/sexism are much appreciated because that is where my own thinking was leading ... and yet everyone else was talking about race and gender and Aboriginal status, etc.  I was wondering whether I was missing something.  Perhaps an unwritten project goal, for me, will be to change the language.

I have Paradigms Lost in the ever-growing pile in front of me but will pursue your other suggestions.

Again, thanks very much.

Martin