Sender:
From:
Mona Dupre-Ollinik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2005 10:13:58 -0500
Just released!
 >From the National Coordinating Group on Health Care Reform and Women:
Primary Health Care Reform and Women: A Guide
Why are these women's issues and what are the issues for women?
Please let us know if you'd like a *free hard copy*, or *multiple
copies*, free of charge, for distribution to your members and
colleagues. We would be happy to provide them. Send us your preferred
mailing address and the number of copies you'd like to receive to:
[log in to unmask] or call: 1-888-818-9172.
The document is also available online in PDF format at:
<http://www.cewh-cesf.ca/PDF/health_reform/primaryCareEN.pdf>
More details, below!
Sincerely,
Kathleen
Primary Health Care Reform and Women: A Guide
*Community-based
*Integrated services
*Access 24/7
*Telehealth
*Electronic health records
*Alternative payment methods
Why are these women's issues and what are the issues for women? This new
guide is intended to encourage debate about primary health care reform
in Canada and why it is important to women.
Given that women are both the majority of the users of the health care
system and the majority of health care providers, how do we ensure that
reforms work for all women - no matter where we live, what our income
levels, education, language or health issue, our sexual orientation or
level of physical disability?
Women's Primary Health Care Needs
Women's health needs are different from men's, both as a result of
differences in men's and women's bodies and as a result of the ways that
women live, work, play and study.
Women's Lives
Women's lives are different from those of men. Overall, women have less
financial security and less social status than men, but more
responsibility for caring for others. These differences affect our
health, our use of the health care system and our ways of responding to
the care we receive. If primary health care is going to be effective,
it must be provided in ways that recognize that many women have limited
resources but significant responsibilities. Primary health care must
also recognize differences among women.
Women's Voices, Women's Experiences
Women have a great deal of experience in and with primary health care.
However, women's voices are hard to hear in current discussions and
reforms and there is little indication that women's views will be
included in ongoing decisions about the organization and delivery of
primary health care.

Read about these issues, and more, in this important new publication,
funded through the Women's Health Contribution Program from the Bureau
of Gender Analysis and Women's Health.
To order a copy of the guide, or for more information contact:
Phone: 1-888-818-9172
Email: [log in to unmask]
Website: www.cewh-cesf.ca/healthreform

Mona Dupré-Ollinik, BSW, BA
Coordonatrice de liaison/Outreach Coordinator
Canadian Women's Health Network/Réseau canadien pour la santé des femmes
419, avenue Graham, Suite 203
Winnipeg (MB) R3C 0M3

SUPPORT CWHN.  BECOME A MEMBER. http://www.cwhn.ca/infoform-bi.html
APPUYEZ LE RCSF.  DEVENEZ MEMBRE. http://www.cwhn.ca/infoform-bi.html#francais

Tel: (204) 942-5500 ext,/poste 13
Fax/Télécopieur: (204) 989-2355
Toll free/Numéro sans frais: 1-888-818-9172
www.cwhn.ca
e-mail/courriel: [log in to unmask]

TTY 204-942-2806
TTY toll free number 1-866-694-6367