From:
Sam Lanfranco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 09:28:07 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 10:56:03 -0400
From: Minority Health Project <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Videotapes and Conferences - Summer Greetings!

FOLLOW-UP FROM THE VIDEOCONFERENCE
We have posted many of the reports, citations, and links to web sites that
were mentioned during last month's Videoconference.  This information can
be found at: www.minority.unc.edu/institute/2001/materials/abstracts/ If
you do not see something of particular interest to you, please let us know
and we will try to follow up with the presenter to obtain the information.

VIDEOTAPES
We are pleased to announce that we will be distributing videotapes from
the 2001 Summer Public Health Research Videoconference on Minority Health
both as sets of 10 tapes for the whole Videoconference (for $100) and as
tapes of specific presentations (for $12 per 80+ minute tape).  These
prices include shipping and handling.  Since it has taken a while to
organize the process, we have extended the time for ordering to August 31,
2001 and for receipt of payment (check or money order) to September 7,
2001.  Please order videotapes (by Aug 31) from:
www.minority.unc.edu/institute/2001/tapereqaes.cfm

ANNUAL MINORITY HEALTH CONFERENCE
The 24th Annual UNC School of Public Health Minority Health Conference
will take place on March 1, 2002 at the Friday Center in Chapel Hill, NC.
The William T. Small, Jr. Keynote Lecture will be presented by Sherman A.
James, Ph.D., of the University of Michigan School of Public Health.  If
we can find a sponsor we will produce a satellite broadcast, webcast, and
videotapes of this lecture.  Information about the Minority Health
Conference series and a link to Dr. James' biography and research center
can be found at:  www.minority.unc.edu/sph/minconf/

2002 SUMMER PUBLIC HEALTH RESEARCH VIDEOCONFERENCE
Mark your calendar for the 2002 Summer Public Health Research
Videoconference on Minority Health, to be held on June 17-21, 2002. You
can read about past Videoconferences and Institutes at:
www.minority.unc.edu/institute/

WEBSITE

We try to keep our web site an up-to-date compilation of information and
links for all minority health-related activities at the University of
North Carolina, and in a more limited fashion for events and organizations
anywhere.  We have a large collection of links to minority health-related
organizations, including especially those of interest to researchers. If
you would like us to list your event, announcement, report, or web site,
send us an e-mail and we will be pleased to do so (subject to availability
of web authoring resources, which admittedly are somewhat limited at
present).

Have a great summer!
Vic Schoenbach

--