From:
Erica MacIntyre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 May 2002 09:44:35 -0400
We conducted an online citizens panel as a pilot project in our local health
goals project.  Participants were asked to complete a survey after reading
health status information and some background material about the
determinants of health. This is a very local example but our results did
show that a select portion of the public responded.  Also, we had advertised
at the libraries where there was free internet access and through other
community web sites by having them add links to the survey. The links were
very useful as free distribution happened. A summary of the findings can be
found on our web site at the link below. Basically the findings with respect
to the method were if you used the internet you liked this method of getting
information and accessing the survey.  The downside at least for a survey is
that because of the way you move from screen to screen a couple of
respondents commented that they felt they were being constrained to a
certain set of responses.

http://www.grdhc.on.ca/healthgoals2001/panel.html

Click on online Citizens Panel. We are revising our site so the location may
change by the end of the week.

Erica MacIntyre, Health Planner.