From:
Helen Rance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 16:26:20 +1300
Kia ora Elizabeth,

I have to wonder what will be achieved for people of this age and in this
setting by quitting.  Quitting is a serious and traumatic process,
difficult to achieve at the best of times and requires personal support,
and counselling.  I doubt that sufficient support will be available in a
busy nursing home setting, no pamphlet or wall chart is going to do it!  It
sounds as if the quitting idea is being imposed rather than an informed
choice.  It would be more ethical and useful to ensure that their smoking
doesn't pollute the smoke free air of the non smokers.

Cheers  Helen R

Helen Rance