Sender:
From:
ouk vichea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 00:30:02 -0700
Dear William,
you started to raise a recent impressive issue for
public health concern, which is the  dangerous of
using mobile phone. But though out your point of
views, in terms of health advocacy or convincing the
public about the hazardous of mobile phone, it is
crucial needs to have evidence-based practice. For
instance, what of hazardous of using mobile? Does it
really cause the brain cancer? How much mobile
transmits it radiation which can cause the damage of
cell brain? How long for the minimum safe time or
dangerous time of making a phone call? and may be how
many cases of brain cancers caused by using mobile?.
We have to answer these simple questions before
beginning to define a public health
policy or to advocate the decision-makers or ban the
mobile company or educate the mobile phone users.

I think that if we have enough medicine based or
scientific-based evidences related using mobile
phones, we as public health practitioners should start
to advocate the mobile producers and mobile users to
rethinking about the hazardous of using them.

Any answers to me, please contact through e-mail:

OUK Vichea,
MPH student, NSW