Sender:
From:
Kristie MacIntyre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 21:44:08 -0500
Hello,

I am writing in request for information on health promotion employment
opportunities in Edmonton.

I currently work in Public Health, in the areas of Tobacco Use Prevention
and Workplace Health.

I hold an Honors Bachelor of Health Science degree from the University of
Western OntarioMy Bachelor of Health Sciences program combined standard
science courses with a comprehensive study of health care from all
perspectives.  My studies have included an exploration of the different
health care occupations, the various models of health care delivery, health
promotion theory, health policy, and an extensive study of the issues and
barriers that face rural communities.  I have studied current behaviour
change theory, such as Prochaska's Stages of Change Theory.  My studies have
included senior level courses in research methodology specific to the health
sciences.  I have also acquired the skills necessary to critically appraise
the methodology of other research projects.  This degree has equipped me
with knowledge of our health care system, and how to work within this
system.  In this process, I have developed a passion for the promotion of
health.

I am very interested in learning about the health promotion positions
available in Edmonton.  I would appreciate any information you may have to
assist me in my search. Thank-you in advance for your help!

You can email me directly at:

[log in to unmask]  or

Sincerely,
Kristie MacIntyre BHSc