Sender:
From:
Ghislaine Goudreau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 16:50:26 -0400
Breastfeeding, allergy and asthma risk,

I would tend to agree with Jack Newman's response to the study that was in
today's National post (Friday, September 20, 2002). He stated that he is
skeptical of the new findings". The new findings according to the National
Post were that "breast-feeding children for more than a month can double
their risk of developing asthma or allergies".   Jack Newman is a leading
Canadian breastfeeding advocate who established the first hospital-based
breastfeeding clinic in the country. At the end of the article he stated,
"Why does this study invalidate other studies that came before it?  I don't
think it does". I would agree and know many others who would as well. There
are so many benefits to breastfeeding so let's not focus on what one study
is saying. So I'm wondering Denis, why do you have no allergies?