Sender:
From:
Maria Tan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 11:37:39 -0500
The Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q) consists of 7 yes/no
questions. Basically, it is a screening tool to determine if an individual
needs to have medical clearance to engage in physical activity (e.g.,
because of cardiovascular or musculoskeletal conditions/symptoms). If a
person answers "yes" to one or more questions, they are supposed to see
their doctor before increasing their level of physically activity or having
fitness testing done.

The PAR-Q is described in a number of textbooks on physical activity
programs. For example, 'Advanced Fitness Assessnment and Exercise
Prescription' (2002), by Vivian H. Heyward has the form.

Hope this helps

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002 23:34:44 -0000, Philip Dawson
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Please could someone tell me what the PAR_Q questionnaire looks like or
>consists of.
>
>Thanks
>
>6.5 In combination with the PAR-Q, a pre-exercise Medical Information
>Form should be completed by participants, and this information should be
>available to the fitness professionals. (Maintaining the confidentiality
>of this information is extremely important!)
>
>Philip Dawson
>Fivestones
>Little Black Hill
>LINDFIELD