From:
Liz Rykert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 13:29:33 -0500
Here is a text Version - Liz

CIHR’s Institute of Gender and Health is seeking an:  Assistant Director

Reporting to the Scientific Director of the CIHR Institute of Gender and
Health, the
Assistant Director will work collaboratively as a key member of the
Institute team,
will supervise staff, and will liaise with the CIHR secretariat located in
Ottawa.

The Assistant Director will provide administrative leadership and assist the
Scientific
Director and the CIHR Institute Advisory Board to develop and carry out a
strategic
program of research, communication, and evaluation. She/he will help develop
short
term and long term plans and strategies for the Institute in accordance with
its
mandate. The Assistant Director will be an employee of the University of
Alberta and
will have responsibility for management of the local CIHR-IGH office
facilities and the
staff at the University of Alberta.

The Assistant Director will have a doctoral degree in a relevant field.
He/she will also
have related research experience including project management within
health-related
research networks, or collaboratively funded grants programs, involving
complex
relationships with diverse stakeholders. She/he must possess superlative
written and
oral communication skills, including experience in preparation of
health-related reports
and publications. Fluency in both official languages is strongly preferred.
Excellent
interpersonal, organizational, presentation, synthesis, and research skills
are essential.

The salary range is $54,000 - $77,000 per annum. This is a term position
until June 2004,
with possibility of renewal. We invite you to forward your CV by March 27,
200l.

Dr. Miriam Stewart
Scientific Director
CIHR Institute of Gender and Health
5-22 University Extension Centre
8303 – 112 Street
Edmonton, AB T6G 2T4
Phone: (780) 492-8031
Fax: (780) 492-8045
Email: [log in to unmask]

The records arising from this competition will be managed in accordance with
provisions of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy
Act (FOIPP).
The University of Alberta hires on the basis of merit. We are committed to
the principle
of equity in employment. We welcome diversity and encourage applications
from all
qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, members of
visible
minorities, and Aboriginal persons.