From:
Dennis Raphael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 09:28:03 -0400
I have had some inquiries as to why the report "Inequality is bad for our
hearts, why low income and social exclusion are major causes of heart disease"
which was originally released by the North York Heart Health Network has been
reborn as "Social Justice is bad for our hearts, why societal factors, not
ifestyles, are major causes of disease in Canada and elsewhere."

1. The first is that I was told that no funds were to be allowed to be allocated
for reprinting of the report.
2.  There has apparently not been any heart health web site in Toronto or
Ontario willing to carry it.  It is now posted at the website
http://depts.washington.edu/eqhlth/paperA15.html
3. Since its printing, new publications and articles as well as new arguments
have been added to make the report even more up to date. The new report  can now
be found at: http://www.social justice.org.  Hard copies of the report are also
available at that site.

If any of the above is inaccurate, I beg to be corrected.

dr