Sender:
From:
james frankish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 10:03:36 -0700
>Hello
>Below is a job description for the position of Program Administrator
>associated with our six-year, CIHR Research Training Program.  An
>electronic version of the ad is available on request or at the UBC Human
>Resources site. We would greatly appreciate it if you could forward this
>ad to potentially interested parties and curculate it on your e-mail networks.
>
>We are looking for someone with a combination of
>a) interest and strong experience in community health promotion
>b) research project management skills
>c) ability to develop and coordinate training activities and resources
>(required)
>d) the other qualifications described in the posting
>
>We would greatly appreciate it if you could forward this posting to any
>suitable candidates and/or email lists that you might know of. Interested
>parties should contact me by e-mail. All suitable applicants will be
>required to go through the University's standard, personnel-selection
>procedures.
>
>Thanks for your help. Jim
>
>Canadian Institute of Health Research Training Program in Community
>Partnership Research
>Our six-year, training program is designed to create successful learning
>systems for community-based, health research. It will attract the best
>mentors and learners from across Canada and internationally. The four
>target learner groups are graduate students, postdoctoral fellows,
>community program managers/learners, and policy makers. The objectives are
>to provide research training in a community-partnership approach that
>links research to policy and practice; to develop the sustained capacity
>of community-based practitioners and university researchers to engage in
>community partnership research; to educate researchers, policy makers,
>community members to create evidence for best practices; and to develop
>and disseminate curriculum materials for use regionally, nationally and
>internationally. The program will yield an innovative training model,
>enhanced capacity for research; and a cadre of trained researchers.
>
>This position will provide administrative leadership and direction to a
>CIHR-funded research-training program in the Institute of Health Promotion
>Research (IHPR). Responsibilities involve managing the Training Program's
>array of research, communications and educational activities. The IHPR
>position will work closely with a half time Research and Staff Coordinator
>at the Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Evaluation (CCEE) at Vancouver
>Hospital. This position will be responsible for the financial
>administration of the training program; and for overall project and
>research cluster meetings, conferences, workshops in very close
>collaboration with the CCEE position.
>
>The Training Program Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day
>financial and administrative functions of Research Training Program
> [...]

Dr. C. James Frankish
Senior Scholar, Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research
Associate Director, Institute of Health Promotion Research
Associate Professor,  Graduate Studies & Health Care & Epidemiology
Room 308, Library Processing Centre, 2206 East Mall Vancouver BC V6T 1Z3
Office: 604-822-9205 Private fax: 604-822-9228
IHPR Office: 604-822-2258, 604-822-9210
[log in to unmask] Web Site http\\www.ihpr.ubc.ca