From:
Jean-Marc Dupont <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 12:52:53 -0400
Hi there Ron,

Long time no see. Won't keep you long here, just wanted to say good
work on that article which I just read in the last Chronic Diseases in
Canada (HINT: for a free subscription, email [log in to unmask]).
Very clear, concise, jargon free (at least for us old timer HPers! ;-)
and you just gotta love a piece that honours both our HP history *and*
more recent Pop Health concepts at the same time. I always had a tough
time with people forgetting that last HP step we took around power,
politics, the macro social determinants and of course helping people
empower themselves to take control over issues of importance to them
... all within our often too difficult to navigate beaurocracies and
unfortunate politics. The article also very clearly explains in lay
language (and a bit of tongue in cheek humour that only you could get
away with) the "politics" involved in our work. You even touch on the
broader ecosystem/environmental health piece while admitting to not
being able to get to that stuff right now with SPHERU (HINT: Ron
became Director in 1999 of the Saskatchewan Population Health and
Evaluation Research Unit). Love the point about asking the right
questions too and even your so-called conceptual research
model/diagram. (HINT: people might find this simple diagram useful in
their work) Anyhow, all this to say I am glad to see SPHERU is in good
hands. I always figure positive feedback never hurts anybody, so take
a bow (you and any others who contributed to the piece).

Oh and to all Click4HPers who bothered reading this, yes this was
meant as a hint for to you to get a copy of the article. SPHERU might
be able to offer it or even post it on their site? Hint, wink, nudge
;-) .... Alison?

Best Regards to all,
JM Dupont

P.S. I have not been paid by SPHERU for this posting ;-)

--
Jean-Marc Dupont
The Alder Group

1306 Wellington Street Suite 200