From:
james frankish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 09:04:39 -0700
> From Jim Frankish and Allan Best
>
>Below is a job description for the position of Program Administrator
>associated with our six-year, CIHR Research Training Program.  Salary
>range $40-45K. An electronic version of the ad is available on request.
>
>We are looking for someone with a combination of
>
>a) interest and strong experience in community health promotion
>b) research project management skills
>c) ability to develop and coordinate training activities and resources
>(required)
>d) the other qualifications described in the posting
>
>We would greatly appreciate it if you could forward this posting to any
>suitable candidates and/or email lists that you might know of. Interested
>parties should contact me by e-mail. All suitable applicants will be
>required to go through the University's standard, personnel-selection
>procedures.
>
>Thanks for your help. Jim
>

>JOB DESCRIPTION
>
>Canadian Institute of Health Research Training Program in Community
>Partnership Research
>
>POSITION IDENTIFICATION
>Position Classification: M&P, Social Science Research Research, Level TBD
>Position Title: Training Program Administrator
>Faculty: Faculty of Graduate Studies
>Division: Institute for Health Promotion Research
>
>BACKGROUND: Our six-year, training program is designed to create
>successful learning systems for community-based, health research. It will
>attract the best mentors and learners from across Canada and
>internationally. The four target learner groups are graduate students,
>postdoctoral fellows, community program managers/learners, and policy
>makers. The objectives are to provide research training in a
>community-partnership approach that links research to policy and practice;
>to develop the sustained capacity of community-based practitioners and
>university researchers to engage in community partnership research; to
>educate researchers, policy makers, community members to create evidence
>for best practices; and to develop and disseminate curriculum materials
>for use regionally, nationally and internationally. The program will yield
>an innovative training model, enhanced capacity for research; and a cadre
>of trained researchers.
>
>JOB SUMMARY: This position will provide administrative leadership and
>direction to a CIHR-funded research-training program in the Institute of
>Health Promotion Research (IHPR). Responsibilities involve managing the
>Training Program's array of research, communications and educational
>activities. The IHPR position will work closely with a half time Research
>and Staff Coordinator at the Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and
>Evaluation (CCEE) at Vancouver Hospital. This position will be responsible
>for the financial administration of the training program; and for overall
>project and research cluster meetings, conferences, workshops in very
> [...]

Dr. C. James Frankish
Senior Scholar, Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research
Associate Director, Institute of Health Promotion Research
Associate Professor,  Graduate Studies & Health Care & Epidemiology
Room 308, Library Processing Centre, 2206 East Mall Vancouver BC V6T 1Z3
Office: 604-822-9205 Private fax: 604-822-9228
IHPR Office: 604-822-2258, 604-822-9210
[log in to unmask] Web Site http\\www.ihpr.ubc.ca