From:
Sutherland Alan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 12:17:26 +1100
Based on Jackson's model of community capacity building a literature search
done by this unit identified the following community level factors as
"community level endowments":

Community Level Endowments
Reciprocity the belief that by doing something for another this paves the
way to call on that other for assistance at a future time.
Trust expectation that arises within an individual or group where
cooperative behaviour is based on the shared norms of that group Sharing of
resources maintain kinship bonds, affiliation with groups and civic
participation
Community Spirit
Acceptance of Diversity members of ethnic groups, minorities, or newcomers
to the community are accepted by the community and included in community
activities
Social Entrepreneurship The mobilisation of resources when and where needed
by collective action to achieve tangible goals such as sustainable community
development and improved community wellbeing.

regards

Alan Sutherland
Policy Officer
Strategic Development
Department of Health and Human Services
GPO Box 125, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia   7000
Telephone: (03) 6233 3147
Fax:            (03) 6233 4843