From:
Dorothyanne Last <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 08:55:24 -0500
Re: handwashing with the gel - when we were in the middle of cold, flu,
and Norwalk season at my health unit last year, I put containers of the
gel for staff to use near each of our shared computer workstations. Few
people used the gel, saying it dried their hands!  Meanwhile everyone put
their hands on the shared mouse that a hacking colleague had just
vacated...Incidentally, we had huge absenteeism due to colds and viruses
that year. So your point is definitely a good one.

I suppose in the end it all comes down to whether people will use what is
provided. It does seem to make sense to keep something near where
contamination occurs.  Maybe after SARS people will be more willing to use
it?
 --
Dorothyanne Last
RN, BNSc, MSc