From:
Judy Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Oct 2005 12:02:36 -0600
ALBERTA CENTRE FOR ACTIVE LIVING
OCTOBER 2005 ISSUE OF WELLSPRING

1. What's in this issue?

2. News from the Alberta Centre for Active Living

------------------------------

1. WHAT'S IN THIS ISSUE?

Physical Activity: "No Way! My Back Hurts!"

Feature article: Get Back@It: The Role of Physical Activity in Treating
Lower Back Pain
Dana Kroetsch, Workers' Compensation Board, Alberta
Bed rest used to be the common prescription for back pain. Now,
increasingly, physicians and other health-care providers are encouraging
people with back pain to be active.
www.centre4activeliving.ca/Publications/WellSpring/index.html

Commentary: Back Pain and Physical Activity
Dr. Charles Burns, DC, Chiropractor, Edmonton, Alberta.
www.centre4activeliving.ca/Publications/WellSpring/index.html

To reprint one of the WellSpring articles listed above on your web site or
in your newsletter, please contact Kathy Garnsworthy, Communications and
Marketing Coordinator, Alberta Centre for Active Living

--------------------------------------

2. NEWS FROM THE ALBERTA CENTRE FOR ACTIVE LIVING

a. Web Site Launch (www.centre4activeliving.ca)
Our new web site design will allow you to find physical activity information
much more easily on our site. The centre will be celebrating its redesigned
web site with a web site launch on Nov. 30.

b.  New E-Bulletin
Find out what centre staff have planned for the next couple of months
(www.centre4activeliving.ca/new.html)

c. News from the Canadian Health Network (www.canadian-health-network.ca)

- CHN’s Health Events Highlights:
Visit the Health Events Highlights section of CHN’s home page to read about
timely health promotion, disease, and injury prevention events across
Canada, including links to related English and French resources in the CHN
collection. Some of the events include International Walk to School Week and
Canada’s Healthy Workplace Week.

----------------------

Kathy Garnsworthy
Communications and Marketing Coordinator
Alberta Centre for Active Living
(In office Mon., Tues., Wed., and Fri.)
Tel.: 780 415-6248
www.centre4activeliving.ca

If you have received this message more than once, we apologise. We try to
distribute our information as widely as possible. As we send out through a
variety of distribution networks, some of you may receive this message more
than once. If you would like to unsubscribe from our mailing list, please
contact Margaret Burns at [log in to unmask]