From:
Chrystal Ocean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 18:07:49 -0500
Since the release of our book, Policies of Exclusion, Poverty & Health:
Stories from the Front, WISE has received both heartwarming and
heartwrenching correspondence.

Unsolicited feedback about the book and WISE's work has been overwhelmingly
positive. Other emails, particularly from women in poverty, emphasize the
loneliness and isolation that poverty makes virtually inevitable.

We want to reach out to those cut off from others and incapacitated by
poverty, and would welcome opportunities to speak at events organized by
grassroots groups with our message of hope and encouragement. We would also
welcome doing presentations at universities, colleges, and secondary
schools, or to other groups working, or learning to work, on poverty – the
primary social determinant of health.

WISE, an ad hoc group of persons living in poverty, has no private or public
funding. Therefore, until or unless our recent request for funding from
Status of Women Canada is successful, our expenses for travel and
accommodation would need to be fully covered.

Please contact me, Chrystal Ocean, at [log in to unmask] to inquire about a
WISE presentation.

Bye for now,
--Ocean

Chrystal Ocean, Coordinator.
Wellbeing through Inclusion Socially & Economically
http://www.wise-bc.org/

ORDER - Policies of Exclusion, Poverty & Health: Stories from the Front
http://www.wise-bc.org/CVProject/book.html