Sender:
From:
"Kevin G. Wilson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 14:10:44 -0600
Requiring assistance: I am working on a research project for the Edmonton Task Force on Community Services for Seniors (for more information, see www.services4seniors.com). The Task Force was established in the Spring of 2002 to work together with the aging population, caregivers and senior-serving organizations to develop a "blueprint" for the efficient and effective delivery of social and recreational programs and services for Edmonton's older adults.

I am currently doing a review of Best Practices for the delivery of social and recreational services in other jurisdictions, including an analysis of the policy framework in place in each of these jurisdictions. To date, I've discovered valuable policy and infrastructure information for the City of Camrose, City of Toronto and City of Halifax. I've also researched various databases (with limited results) and spoken with Medicine Hat, Calgary, Grande Cache (all in Alberta), but I am particularly interested in gathering information on other municipalities or jurisdictions in the U.S. or Europe, i.e., Sweden, Norway, Finland, Belgium, Holland, etc.

I am interested in those who have formed a Seniors Task Force or equivalent and have implemented innovative and effective strategies to meet the evolving needs of seniors (hence, Best Practices) - specifically in the areas of community supports, diversity, fitness & recreation, personal safety, transportation, and wellness.

Does anyone have contact information (preferably English speaking) for the aforementioned? I'm looking to gather information on planning policies, implementation strategies, and evaluation criteria/data.

Please respond either by e-mail or I can be reached at the phone/fax below.

Regards,

Kevin Wilson, Project Management Consultant
Phone (780) 489-0844
Fax (780) 489-9933