CANCHID Archives

Canadian Network on Health in Development

CANCHID@YORKU.CA

From:
Jennifer Hulme <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Canadian Network on Health in Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jul 2002 17:19:57 EST5EDT
  ˇMARK YOUR CALENDARS for the 2002 Student University Network for Social and

          International Health (SUNSIH) National Conference, in Ottawa

                              October 26th-27th!

               "Alternative Perspectives on Infectious Disease"

The theme explores innovative approaches to behaviour change, controversies in
applying high-tech solutions to ID, the medical anthropology of traditional
medicine and how to best harness these tools, new tactics in raising awareness
for global disease burdens, and dealing with outbreaks in humanitarian work. We
have a great line-up of speakers, from Médicins Sans Frantieres alumni to CARE
Canada with their AIDS photographic display by Photosensitive. There remains
room for more speakers, so write me with your suggestions for people you would
like to hear present on these topics! ([log in to unmask])

BILLETING: If you live in the Ottawa area, or have friends who do, think about
billeting fellow conference attendees. Please write me once you decide you
should at [log in to unmask] -  or if you can billet attendants at the
ensuing Canadian Conference on International Health, Oct 27th-30th, contact
Paul James at [log in to unmask] Your generosity is much appreciated!

Help us promote this event by talking to friends and colleagues, and if you are
interested in promoting the event, reply to [log in to unmask] and I will
send a poster for display around your Univeristy.

                                  ˇMany thanks!