CANCHID Archives

Canadian Network on Health in Development

CANCHID@YORKU.CA

From:
Sam Lanfranco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Canadian Network on Health in Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 19:41:21 -0400
CANCHID occasionally anounces new books when the content is of particular
interest to the focus of the list. CANCHID ListMGT

MSH Publications is pleased to announce the publication of Management
Strategies for Improving Health and Family Planning Services: A Compendium
of The Manager Series, Vols. V-IX.

This 651-page compendium offers practical strategies and techniques to
address current challenges in managing and providing health services.
Composed of volumes five through nine of MSH's award winning periodical,
The Manager, the compendium is organized into five sections: Using
Information Technologies, Expanding the Scope of Services, Increasing
Access to Services, Using Data to Improve Services, and Managing Program
Resources. This book covers such important health topics as:

* integrating STD/HIV services into reproductive health programs
* using financial management systems
* managing human resources
* marketing your services
* planning for sustainability.

"I find The Manager like a compass that gives you direction you can take
in management. When I began my MPH program, I felt that part of my
knowledge came from my field experience and part from reading The
Manager."-Health Program Manager, Haiti

MSH Publications expresses immense gratitude to contributing authors,
insightful reviewers, and readers around the world for their interest,
support, and use of this publication. We thank the Office of Population of
the US Agency for International Development (USAID) for supporting The
Manager series, and this second compendium.

To order, visit us at http://www.msh.org/publications. Price is US$40 and
includes shipping. This compendium is free of charge to people in Africa,
Asia, and Latin America. Funds received from sales in North America,
Western Europe, Japan, and Australia support reprinting and distribution
of our publications in 180 countries.

Sincerely,

Sherry Cotaco
Bookstore and Distribution Manager
Management Sciences for Health
165 Allandale Road
Boston, MA 02130

Tel: 617-524-7799 x248
Fax: 617-524-2825
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Visit MSH's eBookstore at http://www.msh.org/publications! Browse and
order our publications online or through our email address
[log in to unmask] anytime.