From:
Ida Hersi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 16:32:33 -0400
Apologies in advance for any cross-postings!

Dear Listserv Members,

I am looking for information on effective/promising models or interventions to address alcohol and other drug related problems that can occur in the entertainment districts of cities (i.e. areas where there is a concentration of restaurants, bars, after-hours clubs, etc. and where alcohol or other drug related problems are likely to occur).

In particular, I'm looking for examples (here in Canada or in other jurisdictions) where public health departments, various municipal bodies, law enforcement bodies, community-based groups, licensed establishments, and/or others have worked together to address the various drug related problems in these areas.

Any assistance is much appreciated!

Thank you,

Ida Hersi
Health Education Consultant
Injury Prevention / Substance Abuse Prevention
Planning & Policy
Toronto Public Health
277 Victoria St., Ste. 202
Toronto, ON M5A 4A9