From:
Ed Blonz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 09:11:30 -0800
Dr. Raphael,

You cite Uffe Ravnskov in an argument against the unbalanced attacks on
saturated fats and cholesterol - an argument that I support, by the way.  I
do feel that the issue with saturated fat and cholesterol should focus on
the issue that the body through poor food choices is ill prepared to handle
to handle the fats and oils it consumes.   It is essential to provide needed
nutrients, beneficial phytochemicals, and other beneficial lifestyle
factors.  These are the issue more than the fat and oils themselves.  It's
all balance, and health ultimately depends on what we don't do, as well as
what we do and eat.

BUT - if you were to read Ravnskov's book, "The Cholesterol Myths," you
would see that he also comes down hard on trans fats.  I do believe that
once you read the evidence you will change your mind.  I realize that you
are out there with your "Relax, It's all a fraud" statement, but I trust
that as a scientist you will realize that exposure to new evidence requires
appropriate adjustments.

Regards,

EB

Ed Blonz, Ph.D.