From:
Dennis Raphael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 13:18:26 -0500
Read stuff, sorry, not convinced.  In the past the Heart Health people have
claimed that the decline in mortality the past 20 years due to CVD in NA
was due to people moving away from butter to margarine.  Now we hear that
margarine is the culprit!  It doesn't resonate with me!  Even IF transfat
contributes to CVD, its effects would be minor compared to any number of
social determinants of health.  And when you consider that the number of
news stories that report on SDOH on any given year can be counted on one
hand, we have a serious imbalance here.

Interesting issue though, what is SO interesting is the hysteria about this
as opposed to the GROWING number of hungry people in NA

dr