From:
"Stirling, Alison" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 16:41:24 -0500
Apologies for cross-posting. This is a very interesting posting, and could
have implications for the health promotion field.  What will we do with the
Best Practices in Health Promotion project learnings (see
http://www.utoronto.ca/chp/bestp.html
<http://www.utoronto.ca/chp/bestp.html> ) in relation to linking
practitioners and researchers with questions and with practice evidence?  To
a small degree we try to do that here in CLICK4HP, and in various health
promotion e-bulletins or journals like the Ontario Health Promotion Email
Bulletin ( http://www.ohpe.ca <http://www.ohpe.ca> ), Health Promotion
Atlantic ( http://www.chpna.ca/newsite/index.cgi?newsletter
<http://www.chpna.ca/newsite/index.cgi?newsletter> ) Cross Links from
Alberta's Centre for HP Studies (
http://www.chps.ualberta.ca/publications/cross_links.htm
<http://www.chps.ualberta.ca/publications/cross_links.htm> ) and our
listservs and newsletters.

Perhaps we need to promote our work of making information more accessible
and meaningful in a way that captures attention and is widely discussed.

Alison
Alison Stirling, health promotion consultant
Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse (OPC)
Suite 1900, 180 Dundas St. W. Toronto, ON M5G 1Z8
Tel. 416-408-2249 or 1-800-263-2846 x226
Fax. 416-408-2122  Email: [log in to unmask]
Internet: http://www.opc.on.ca <http://www.opc.on.ca/>