From:
DKProj Mgt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 May 2001 23:44:47 -0400
From: Julie Shrader <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: SUICIDE PREVENTION

Dear List Moderator;

As the moderator for a health information listserve, I thought you might
like to share this information with your lists subscribers:

[On] May 2, 2001 at 9:30 AM Surgeon General David Satcher will unveil a
national blueprint of goals and objectives to help prevent suicide - the
eighth leading cause of death in the United States.  Click onto
http://www.mentalhealth.org/suicideprevention to get the first installment
of an ongoing effort to develop a National Strategy for Suicide
Prevention. The site, to be made active tomorrow at 9:30 AM EST. will also
broadcast the live Web cast with the Surgeon General with a Live Web chat
following at 11:30AM EDT.U.S.

The release of these documents coincide with Mental Health Month in May
and is shortly before the observance of National Suicide Prevention Week,
which is May 6-12.

Please take a moment to notify subscribers, as any effort you can help us
with will greatly raise awareness in the general public.

For more information, click onto
www.mentalhealth.org/suicideprevention.
This site will be active tomorrow 5/2/01 at 9:30AM.

For more information on the KEN Web site, please visit
www.mentalhealth.org.

The URL location for the surgeon general's live Web cast is
http://www.mentalhealth.org/suicideprevention

If you have questions or comments, please feel free to notify me.

Thank you for your help and support.

Julie Shrader
CMHS KEN
301-468-3059x329