From:
"P.Kirby" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:22:58 -0400
Hello to all,
Education Wife Assault has just released its new publication list for Fall
2001 (available in PDF at
http://www.womanabuseprevention.com/html/publications.html )
I thought the resources below may be of particular interest to this
listserv.  If you wish to order any please email me
([log in to unmask]) and I will email you back an order form.

For consumers:

"My husband is hurting me… I want him to stop (2001)"
A helping brochure for immigrant and refugee women.  Covers safety
planning, legal rights, immigration status, etc.  Available in 16
languages: Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Croatian, English, French, Greek,
Italian, Korean, Lao, Portuguese, Punjabi, Russian, Swahili, Tagalog and
Tamil. Please specify the language you wish.  English and French also
available on diskette.  Arabic also available with Ottawa area programs and
services.  Blank resource template available for you to add your
community's progams.
Code: 02.01
1 - 24….$.50/each
25 + … $0.40/each

Wife Assault: Let's break the silence (2001)
Helping brochures available in English, French, Polish and Vietnamese
A brochure for both men and women that talks about why wife assault is
wrong and what can be done to stop it.  Includes general information on
wife assault, dealing with police and lawyers and has a comprehensive list
of services available in Ontario to men and women.
1 - 9 copies… $0.75/each
10 + copies…$0.50/each

For Program Planning:

Helping Students Manage Violence: A Resource Guide for Educators (2001)
By Women's Habitat of Etobicoke
Provides educators with tools to develop programs on bullying, conflict
resolution, anger management, peer medication and healthy
relationships.  It also provides age appropriate education on wife assault
and the effects of witnessing children witnessing.  For Junior Kindergarten
to Grade 8 including special needs classes.   $45.00/each

Health Relationships: Peers Helping Peers on Issues of Dating Violence (2000)
By Women's Habitat of Etobicoke
Based on Women's Habitat's highly successful school-based program.  This
11-session training manual is geared to teachers in high schools.  The
manual helps teachers prepare senior high school students for roles as peer
helpers on issues of healthy dating relationships.
SALE $40.00

Creating Safer Schools for Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual Youth: A Resource for
Educators
Includes strategies for educators to incorporate anti-homophobia education
in equity and anti-violence programming.  Addresses how teachers can deal
with homophobic violence and barriers to starting anti-homophobia work in
schools and communities.  This exciting resource was developed by
educators, school administrators, parents, guidance counsellors and equity
workers.  Code: 9.9
$20.00/each

Original Research

Child Custody and Access: Experiences of Immigrant and Refugee Women. (2001)
Original research on the experiences of abused immigrant and refugee
women.  Includes comprehensive recommendations.
$12.00/each

Not new but still timely:

First Steps to Future Safety
by Women's Habitat of Etobicoke
A glossy, laminated guide to recognizing and interviewing assaulted women
and child witnesses of woman abuse.
SALE $2.00

Education Wife Assault Health Newsletter (December 1997)
Articles on: reproductive impacts of woman abuse, hospital protocols,
mandatory screening for abuse in health care settings, woman abuse as a
health issue. 12 pages.
1-10 copies $1.00/each
11+ copies $0.50/each

-------------------------------------