Sender:
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 17:48:40 -0500
7bit
From:
House of Friendship Food Hamper Program <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
cc: dina etmanski <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Erica et al,

I am very interested about the focus groups you did at an emergency food
program.

We are currently undertaking two exercises.  The first is an evaluation that
includes using a focus group for low income patrons who use our 'Cloth
Diaper Bank' service.  We aim to begin the groups in early February.

The second project is a full scale program evaluation.  House of
Friendship's Emergency Food Hamper Program is KW's largest provider of
emergency food, serving more than 18,000 different people annually.  The
purpose of the evaluation is to determine if we are meeting our stated
goals, what persons who rely on our service think of our service with a view
towards guiding future program direction(s).  It will be heavy on
participation by patrons.

Any tips, reports, links etc would be most useful, since we are not finding
a lot of Canadian examples of food bank program evaluations.  The Toronto
Health Communication Unit did a lit review in June 2002 and came up with a
few reports.  The address is:
http://www.thcu.ca/infoandresources/Literature%20reviews.  Also, Halton
Region has a fairly recent report and STOP 103 had a component of their
program evaluated about 3-4 years ago.  That is about it thus far.

Thanks eh,

Michael Parkinson
Program Coordinator
House of Friendship