From:
Gayle Rutherford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 13:35:59 -0700
Hi,
I would like to access reports or documentation of focus groups that have
been conducted with individuals living on low-income, particularly related
to the relationship between low-income and health.   I am interested in
focus groups (or other methods of qualitative data collection) that have
been conducted in Canada over the past 5 years with any of the population
groups known to be most affected by poverty.

I believe that it is important for the people most affected by poverty to
have a voice and to be involved as much as possible in the development of
solutions.  However, I would like to avoid duplication if this information
has already been gathered and can be shared.
I look forward to your responses.

Gayle Rutherford, Rutherford Consulting Group Inc.
108 Valhalla Cres. N.W.
Calgary, AB T3A 1Z9
Phone 403-286-5983

One person living in poverty said to me, "This takes time, effort and
support.  If we give the time and effort can we count on your support to
improve the circumstances that we find unhealthy?"