From:
Sherrie Tingley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 08:03:00 -0500
Hi all,

Great question.

I worked with Fred Sadori now at Somerset West Community Health Centre here
in Ottawa facilitating some focus groups around welfare reform in Ontario in
the fall of 1998.  The report is on-line at:

http://www.welfarewatch.toronto.on.ca/promises/summary.htm

The voices were so powerful that there is a number of voices sections of the
report.

I have also worked on a number of other projects that used focus groups with
poor people.  I always find it is good to have no more then 10 questions and
I always start with a very simple question to break the ice.

I am pretty sure Fred would have some of the handouts used around ground
rules etc.  I would be happy to read over your questions off list and give
you my thoughts.

Good luck with this,