From:
Dennis Raphael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 07:15:59 -0500
---------------------- Forwarded by Dennis Raphael/Atkinson on 02/21/2003 07:24
AM ---------------------------

nkrieger <[log in to unmask]>@hsph.harvard.edu> on 02/20/2003 08:48:03 PM

 To:       Dennis Raphael/Atkinson

 cc:       [log in to unmask]

 Subject:  RE: High blood pressure and poverty

Hi--
  See below.
      Nancy Krieger

Rutledge T, Reis SE, Olson M, Owens J, Kelsey SF, Pepine CJ, Reichek N, Rogers
WJ, Bairey-Merz CN, Sopko G, Cornell CE, Matthews KA. Socioeconomic status
variables predict cardiovascular disease risk factors and prospective
mortality risk among women with chest pain. The WISE Study. Behav Modif. 2003
Jan;27(1):54-67.

Pickering T. Cardiovascular pathways: socioeconomic status and stress effects
on hypertension and cardiovascular function. Ann N Y Acad Sci.
1999;896:262-77.

Diez-Roux AV, Northridge ME, Morabia A, Bassett MT, Shea S. Prevalence and
social correlates of cardiovascular disease risk factors in Harlem. Am J
Public Health. 1999 Mar;89(3):302-7.

>===== Original Message From "Dennis Raphael"
>Can you help?
>
>dennis
>

>---------------------- Forwarded by Dennis Raphael/Atkinson on 02/19/2003
10:00
>AM ---------------------------
>

>Meredith Campbell <[log in to unmask]>@YorkU.CA> on 02/19/2003
>09:00:52 AM
>
>Please respond to Health Promotion on the Internet <[log in to unmask]>
>
> Sent by: Health Promotion on the Internet
>
> To:      [log in to unmask]
>
> cc:      (bcc: Dennis Raphael/Atkinson)
>

> Subject: High blood pressure and poverty
>

>Hello.
>
>Would anyone be able to point me to a resource that specifically links high
>blood pressure and living in poverty?  I am aware of many sources that
>document the link between heart disease and poverty, but not that make the
>link with high blood pressure.
>
>Thanks for the help,
>Meredith Campbell

Nancy Krieger, PhD
Associate Professor
Department of Health and Social Behavior
Harvard School of Public Health
677 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
USA