From:
Cari Patterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 2009 12:41:58 -0300
Hi everyone,

Please see message below - I hope you can encourage your networks to
participate in this activity challenge!

Best wishes,

Cari Patterson

Director, Horizons

---------------------------------------

WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY CROSS POSTINGS

Dear friends and colleagues,

This coming Friday will mark the first day of spring!  It is time for
Horizons' Spring Into Action Challenge!  There were over 500 participants in
2008, and we would love to see even more people get active and participate
this year!

This year we are looking forward to having more international friends and
colleagues join us for this Spring Into Action challenge!  So join us on our
journey, get active and see what people in other parts of the country are
doing to stay fit!

Spring Into Action is an annual challenge that Horizons Community
Development Associates Inc. issues to our colleagues and friends/families.
This year it takes place from April 20th to May 31st.  The purpose of the
campaign is for all of us to get physically active, and fit for summer!

Challenge Details:

*	Our challenge runs for six weeks, beginning Monday April 20th and
ending Sunday May 31st.

*	The goal is for members of each team to accumulate at least 30
minutes of physical activity a day for five days each week.

*	30 minutes of activity can be accumulated throughout a 24- hour
period in a minimum of 10-minute blocks of time.

*	There is an opportunity for every team and individual to win a
weekly prize draw as long as they meet their 30 minutes per day for five
days a week.

*	The Individual Winner's grand prize is $100 to be used toward
anything the winner would like, related to physical activity (e.g., new
running shoes, swim passes, family outings to the gym).

*	All the participants who achieved the goal of 30 minutes a day for
five days each week, for the whole six weeks of the challenge will be
entered into a Grand Prize draw at the end of the Challenge!

*	As a Team grand prize, Horizons Community Development Associates
Inc. will make a $150 donation (in the winning Team's name) to a local
sport/recreation fund for kids, chosen by the Team with the greatest
proportion of participants who meet our weekly goal for the duration of the
Challenge

  Activity Ideas:

Light Effort:  Light walking, Gardening, Stretching, Frisbee, Housework

Moderate:  Housework, Brisk Walking, Yard Work, Swimming, Dancing, Golfing

Vigorous:  Jogging, Soccer, Basketball, Fast Biking, Ultimate Frisbee

So get your household and/or co-workers together to make a team (because you
are going to be out and about more, we are suggesting a maximum of 10-15
people per team), grab your sneakers, get outside, enjoy the fresh air, have
fun, and of course. SPRING Into Action!

To register go to www.horizonscda.ca and download and complete the
registration form posted on our website. Then email them to Wilma at:

Deadline for registrations is April 14th 2009.

For more information please contact [log in to unmask]

Hope to hear from you soon!

Wilma, Spring Into Action Coordinator

If you no longer wish to receive promotional messages from Horizons, please
send an email to [log in to unmask] requesting removal from our
distribution list.

www.horizonscda.ca <http://www.horizonscda.ca/>