From:
Alyson Taub <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 1998 10:54:24 -0400
I would also suggest the International Union for Health Promotion and
Education (IUHPE) which has a North American Regional Office (NARO).  The
IUHPE, founded in 1951, with headquarters in Paris, is the only global
nongovernmental organization focusing on health promotion and health
education.  It cooperates closely with the World Health Organization,
UNESCO, UNICEF, and other major intergovernmental organizations (such as
the European Commission, and the World Bank), and important
nongovernmental organizations, as well as private enterprise, to influence
and facilitate the development of health promotion policies, strategies,
and projects.  The IUHPE now has more than 2000 members in over 90
countries, and six regional offices.  The URL for IUHPE/NARO is:
http://www.nyu.edu/education/health/healthed/taub/hepr/iuhpe/index.html