From:
Karen Andres <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 10:22:35 -0600
Dennis
It is important that we feel passionate about our work and our ideas.  I
agreed with one of the postings that this listserv is not about sternly and
tersely chastisng other people's ideas.  By doing so, presents a superior
type of attitude which is not what this listserv is about.  Health
promotion and population health is about reducing inequity not increasing
it.  I think if you strongly disagree with a posting, rather than rudely
commenting on this listserv, that you keep those kind of comments silent or
share them off this listserv.
I agree that some of the information you post is useful.  The inappropriate
and rude comments are unnecessary.  This listserv is used by many people
and should be a respectful place to post ideas, questions and comments.  At
times, Dennis, your comments are not respectful at all.  Again, I remind
you of the concepts of Health Promotion is about social justice and
reducing social inequity.  This listserv is not your personal sounding
board of ideas and opinions.   If you cannot be respectful to others in
your postings, please do not post them in a public forum.
Karen