From:
Dennis Raphael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 15:37:40 -0500
http://www.mhaz.org.uk/goals/goal4/health_impact.html

Merseyside Health Action Zone has four clear goals:

To reduce levels of poor health, preventable death, impairment
and disability through modernising and improving health and
social care

To promote healthy employment opportunities

To increase the proportion of people who have an active
 independent life

To enhance quality of life

About Us

"It is our view that Merseyside is one of the leading HAZs in the
country - both in its action to tackle inequalities and in relation to the
modernisation agenda. We have made this judgement on the ability of
the HAZ Partnership to deliver real results for the communities it
serves. There is a tremendous energy and commitment to the HAZ
and its work programme illustrated by the contribution of participants
on its last review day (October 2000)

?? Well worth a visit!" We are funded by the Government to improve the health of people living in Merseyside by narrowing the gap between the least healthy and the most healthy and we also work to improve and modernise services and make them more accessible to everyone.  We have to tackle four main goals that reflect the complex problems and challenges that face Merseyside. The goals reflect the concerns of local communities such as unemployment, long-term illness, dependence on health and social care services and poor quality of life.