From:
Sara Spanier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 14:23:02 -0600
Good afternoon,

I am employed with the Minnesota Department of Health and currently we are
looking at health impact assessment (HIA).  I have been responsible for
assisting principal planners in updating the HIA resources, reviewing
pertinent articles on HIA, and contacting our HIA Action Team Members.
Currently, we have approached several groups and organizations to conduct
an HIA project, but have not completed a health impact assessment.

We have tried to simplify the language on handouts, created generic
screening tools, and distributed short guides to HIA.  I understand HIA is
a difficult concept to understand, so my goal is to find out what has been
done in Canada (or the US for that matter) in regards to HIA.

Does anyone know of anyone that I could contact in order to discuss the
HIA process?  Are there any groups or individuals that I could contact that
has completed an HIA?

Does anyone know of any websites that have been useful for the HIA
process?

Thank you in advance,

Sara

Sara Spanier