From:
Marie Chaves <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 13:28:17 -0400
Hi!

Is anyone charging a user fee for smoking cessation programs and, if so, can you please let me know the type of program offered and the charges?

In addition, I would appreciate receiving information about workplace sponsorship or subsidies for employees who attend smoking cessation programs? What is the criteria used? Are programs offered at the employer's worksite? Is the employer billed for employees who attend a general cessation program offsite? What are the charges, etc.?

We are in the process of implementing a 100% smoke-free bylaw in our municipality and are re-examining our smoking cessation programs and resources. We have always offered cessation programs free of charge, but are wondering if there are other models out there that are successful and can generate some revenue to ensure program sustainability.

Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Marie Chaves
Health Promotion Officer
Lambton Community Health Services Dept.