CANCHID Archives

Canadian Network on Health in Development

CANCHID@YORKU.CA

From:
Kendra Siekmans <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Canadian Network on Health in Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 12:00:20 -0500
World Vision Canada presents.....

             The Anemia Enigma: How Can We Make a Difference?

                Monday, April 28th and Tuesday, April 29th

             .... a two-day workshop on iron deficiency anemia

At this workshop, we will look at various factors linked to anemia and
determine their relative contribution in order to design effective
programs. We will also discuss the cost-effectiveness of anemia control
interventions.

The objectives of this conference are:
1.    To facilitate partnerships among professionals working in
international health and nutrition.
2.    To build capacity for evidence-based anemia control programs.
3.    To share information on current scientific research findings and
program experience related to anemia control.

We are very pleased to have as our featured presenter, Dr. Rebecca
Stoltzfus from Cornell University. Dr. Stoltzfus is an expert on iron
deficiency in the context of international nutrition and is widely
published in the area of iron deficiency anemia.

We are also pleased to present the following experienced senior
professionals as guest speakers:
·     Dr. Stanley H. Zlotkin, Head, Division of GI/Nutrition, Hospital for
Sick Children; Professor, Depts of Paediatrics & Nutrition, University of
Toronto
·     Dr. Susan Horton, Professor of Economics, Munk Centre for
International Studies, University of Toronto

Participants will have the opportunity to share their own experiences
regarding the challenges of designing effective anemia control programs. We
welcome research posters related to iron deficiency and anemia which you
may have previously prepared and presented. These will be on display
throughout the conference and participants will have a chance to briefly
highlight their findings.

A brochure containing additional information on the conference is provided,
including an agenda. To register for the conference, please fill out the
form in the brochure and return the detached form with your registration
fee. The early bird deadline is March 31st. If you have additional
questions regarding the conference, please feel free to contact us at

(See attached file: Anemia Enigma Brochure.doc)