Sender:
From:
Joy Woolfrey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 16:34:18 -0500
Please post and circulate widely.  Thank you.

Halifax YWCA
Executive Director

The Halifax YWCA operates out of a venerable building in the heart of the
city offering wellness and accommodation services primarily for women as
well as children's programming. We are looking for an experienced and high
energy Executive Director to help us build our community, achieve
sustainability for our services, and grow our capacity to meet the needs of
Halifax women.

Our new Executive Director will have a demonstrated history of leadership
positions increasing in scope and responsibility as well as experience
managing multi-service organizations which generate a substantial part of
their revenue through fees-for-services. Strong financial management
skills, community building skills, and the capacity to work cooperatively
with a volunteer Board of Directors are requirements.

Successful fundraising, grant proposal writing, and facility-management
skills are essential, as are those for community needs analysis, program
development, efficient work planning, communications, effective staff
coaching and supervision, fostering relationships, and
building partnerships with other organisations.

A related university degree, professional management development, and
commitment to improving the status of women are required.

Please e-mail a detailed curriculum vitae and covering letter explaining
your interest in the position and how your experience makes you an
appropriate candidate.
Send to : Chair of ED Search Committee at: [log in to unmask], or by
fax to (902) 431-4335 by April 15, 2003.  For information on the Halifax
YWCA, please visit www.ywcahalifax.com.

J. Woolfrey Consulting,
10 Umlahs Drive,
Halifax,