From:
Jane Gillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 09:53:56 -0400
While we're critiquing the use of language in this article, I would add that
the expression"  Homeless Cree" is both misleading and inflammatory:  many
of Winnipeg's homeless are not of aboriginal origin, and I believe the
casual use of this type of label promulgates negative stereotypes.  Some
very interesting points were made, though.

Jane Gillman
Senior Health Planner
Hamilton District Health Council
e-mail  [log in to unmask]