From:
Alison Davies <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 11:10:28 +1100
Hi
I am currently searching for any articles, projects or information relating to early intervention programs for adolescents from disadvantages/drug related backgrounds. I currently work in a health promotion role in Sydney, Australia and also conduct rowing (Learn To Row) programs for the wider community. I am interested in running specific rowing programs as an early form of intervention for these adolescents utilising the benefits of physical activity, teambuilding and role modelling. I have heard of similar models used for other projects such as dragon boating with breat cancer patients. I believe this approach could be used as a model for a similar project with adolescents.  Opportunities may also exist to utilise the same model for a range of other health promotion projects . I would be most appreciative of any help.

Kind regards
Alison

Alison Davies
Olympian 1996,2000
Director

Xenergy Corporate Health and Team Building
PO BOX 41
PADDINGTON  NSW  2021
email - [log in to unmask]